Friday, December 17, 2010

Errands with a 12 month old

December 17, 2010

Off to the Post Office to mail out some last minute gifts with Gabriella and Brianna in tow.


I'm aware that the lines are going to be long. No big deal-- my kids are great.

We arrive at the Post Office and, as I'm entering, I can feel Brianna going #2 in her diaper. Ugh.


No big deal- we're not going to be here THAT long. I can wait to change her.

I grab my place in line and Brianna quickly squirms in my arms, letting me know that she wants down. I glance around and there isn't anything she can get into, so I set her down and immediately her and Gabriella set off to do their sister dance (Gabby playing with Brianna loudly and showing her off to the other customers. She's a great big sister.)

As they're playing I notice that Brianna didn't just go in her diapers...she in fact had diarrhea and it is actually all over her pants and top. Ugh. Oh boy..

Well.. she DOES have a sweatshirt on, I'm sure no one will notice. We'll just mail these packages and drive straight home.

Gabby and Brianna continue to play and Brianna gets sight of the windows (or at least I thought.) She toddles over to the large floor windows and begins to pick up speed. Every one is cooing over the two girls and how well they play together. I'm smiling, thankful that they are far enough away that no one can smell Brianna.

Then it happened. Brianna did not stop toddling. She toddled/ran straight into the window and fell to the ground. Oh boy.

She lets out a scream and I head over to her, pick her up and start rocking her.

"Mommy!" (Gabby)

"Yes honey?" I'm still rocking Brianna.

"Brianna has blood coming out of her nose."

Umm. Oh boy. At that moment - with 20 people in line staring at me, I notice the blood coming out of her little tiny nose, the diarrhea all over my arm, and a smell that would have cleared any sinus.

Let's go home, honey."

No comments:

Post a Comment