At her 12 month check up the doctor said she's doing great! She is certainly big - 97th percentile for height and 95th percentile for weight. She weighed 25lbs, 7 oz and was about 32 inches long. She's walking (almost running), climbing up, climbing down, slides down small slides by herself, and she is expanding her vocabulary. At present:
Mama = Mommy
Dada = Daddy
Gaga = Gabby
Dahee= Doggy
Kih-Kah = Kitty Cat
Bah-Bye = Bye Bye
Baba= Baby
Bup (my favorite) = Up
Na or Nana = Nurse
Dat = that or there or I want that, or take me there, or ....etc etc..
Ball = Ball
She is very clear in what she wants and is not shy about having a temper tantrum to express her dissatisfaction over a situation. (It's actually pretty darn cute.)
In honor of her first 12 months, I'll share the top 12 things that I love about her (in no particular order):
1. I love seeing the little curls grow out of your head. After a bath, especially, your hair looks extra curly and it's aDORable. While I never had the luxury of having curls, I now get to play with yours!
2. I love how you play games and tease me. When I want to put a diaper on you, you like to walk over, lay on your back, smile, then get up and run away. Pretty. Darn. Cute. and smart, if I do say so myself.
3. I love your love of food.
4. I love how you pant whenever you want to nurse. It cracks me up.
5. The enduring wrinkles on your thighs. I love them. Each. One.
6. I love that you say "bye bye" and wave every time I pick you up.
7. I love cosleeping with you and that you like to face me with your legs bent up like a little lima bean.
8. I love that you give the "all done" sign language sign when you are finished with your food and then when I pick you up out of your high chair you *always* reach to grab one last bite of food (or as we call it, a roadie.)
9. I love that, if you are able, you will always try and pull every last tissue out of the kleenex box. Every. last. one.
10. I love how much you love your sister. I love that you try to do everything that she does - drink from a cup, sit at the table, read a book, etc...
11. I love that you go and find your shoes for me to put on.
12. I love waking up in the morning and finding you trying to give me a kiss (your wide open mouth on my cheek.)
Happy first year big girl! We love you!!

No comments:
Post a Comment