Friday, May 13, 2011

Almost-18 Month Birthday


Thomas the Tank Engine
May 2011, Almost 18 months

Today was certainly a celebratory day for Brianna! To honor her almost -18 month birthday, Gabby and I took her to ride Thomas the Tank Engine. Brianna also celebrated her almost- birthday by going poop in the potty for the first time (to which she received a standing ovation from Gabriella and I!) The latter is so amazing to me that I must share a few more details. I saw her in the corner with "the look" and suggested to her that she may want to do that in the potty. She responded by grabbing my hand and started pulling me towards the bathroom.

"Really???"

We get to the bathroom and I take off her diaper and she sits down on her little potty. A few moments later she says "DONE!"

I look in, and sure enough, she finished her business! Gabriella and I were ecstatic!

Then, in true Brianna form, she would NOT put her diaper back on. (She has resisted diapers from age 6 months.) I let her roam around without a diaper on. About 10 minutes later I pick her up and notice that her dress is wet. "Uh-oh."

Gabriella and I then went on a "Puddle Hunt!"

We found the disaster site, but fortunately even THAT made me proud. There was about 1 tablespoon of pee in her potty seat and about 1 cup of pee on the bathroom floor surrounding her potty seat. She had good intentions, but obviously missed the mark a bit.

Our little baby is growing up! Happy almost- birthday Bri!!

No comments:

Post a Comment